Qualified Candidates should send their Resume or CV to email@example.com.
Mountain Road School is seeking a Director who is responsible for the day-to-day and overall operations of the school, ensuring compliance with local, state and federal guidelines while supporting our mission and philosophy. The ideal Director will work collaboratively with the Board of Directors, Teaching Team and Support Staff to provide the best possible learning experience for our students, have experience in Nonprofit Business Management, and be dedicated to the collaborative environment at our school. The Director must have knowledge of progressive educational theory and have the business skills to manage the administrative, operational, and financial needs of the school. Additionally, we seek a candidate who will support and enhance the school’s culture of compassion and mindfulness, grow our educational commitment to nature based learning, emergent curricula, arts education, and bring in new ideas and approaches that are consistent with the school’s mission and philosophy.
- Master’s degree or higher in Education (or related field). Nonprofit management and fundraising experience a strong plus.
- Experience operating and managing all aspects of a school, including budgeting and fiscal oversight, education and professional development, marketing and communications.
- Previous classroom teaching experience.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, a leadership model that emphasizes collaboration, cooperation, respect, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication expertise and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task and gracefully manage the demands of a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibit a calm and loving presence to children, staff, and community.
Would You Like to Be of Service? Mentor a child learning to read, help out in a classroom, and assist with outdoor nature activities. Your knowledge, encouragement, and patience can make a big difference in a child’s life. Are you a retired person wanting to give back; thinking about a career working with young children; unemployed and looking for a meaningful experience that will also enhance your resume? All that is needed is a love of children and learning and a few hours per week.
PLEASE CALL US 518-794-8520