32 hours per week; 46 weeks per year. Generous vacation, tuition benefits, salary commensurate with experience
Mountain Road School is seeking a School Administrator who is responsible for all the day-to-day and overall administrative and business operations of the school, including:
- Payroll, budget, bookkeeping and all financial issues.
- Admissions, retention, contracts, tuition agreements and tuition compliance.
- Providing administrative support to teachers and staff, including helping arrange field trips, tracking attendance, maintaining substitute teacher list, and overseeing staff contracts.
- Ensuring and tracking compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for public outreach and marketing.
- Overseeing building and grounds maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have experience in nonprofit business management and/or have the business skills to manage the administrative, operational, and financial needs of a small independent school. Specifically, an ideal candidate will have the following:
- Nonprofit or business management experience: The ideal candidate will have experience operating and managing all business and administrative aspects of a school or nonprofit entity, including budgeting and fiscal oversight, payroll, bookkeeping, admissions, tuition programs, and tracking compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Fundraising experience a strong plus.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, a leadership model that emphasizes collaboration, cooperation, respect, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills and problem-solving skills, including the ability to consistently maintain composure under stress.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task and gracefully manage the demands of a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibit a calm and loving presence at all times to children, staff, and community.
It is the policy of the school to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, political affiliation or sexual orientation.
To apply email a job specific cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Family Leave Substitute
Starting a week before school begins for orientation for estimated 6 months
Mountain Road School is seeking a Family Leave Substitute Elementary Teacher for a multi-aged classroom (Kindergarten and First Grade) for the 2018-2019 school year. The contract will begin the last week of August for orientation and will last 6 months, or until determined by the teacher on leave and the administration. A full year position is possible, although not guaranteed. An ideal candidate will have an MS in Childhood Education and certified in NY State Birth through 2nd Grade. We will also consider a candidate with commensurate experience as well as certification in other states. Mountain Road teachers are prepared to spend time in the woods daily in support of our nature-based learning philosophy. Mountain Road is a collaborative community and teachers actively participate in supporting the mission and vision of the school. As such, attendance at some evening and weekend events will be required. Benefits and salary are available upon inquiry. For more information please contact Betsy Feathers, Student Affairs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (518)794.8520. More information about Mountain Road School can be found at mountainroadschool.org.
Would You Like to Be of Service? Mentor a child learning to read, help out in a classroom, and assist with outdoor nature activities. Your knowledge, encouragement, and patience can make a big difference in a child’s life. Are you a retired person wanting to give back; thinking about a career working with young children; unemployed and looking for a meaningful experience that will also enhance your resume? All that is needed is a love of children and learning and a few hours per week.
PLEASE CALL US 518-794-8520